Maintaining Overall Health in Circle Pines
Your teeth were designed to last a lifetime, but sometimes unexpected factors can get in the way of a healthy, long-lasting smile. As your general dentist in Lino Lakes, we’re here to help make sure you stay smiling strong now and for years to come. Because good dental health is an important part of your overall wellbeing and quality of life, we’ll evaluate your current dental status, set long-term objectives, and map out a strategy to get you where you want to be in terms of your dental health -- and help keep you there.
Link Between Oral and Overall Health
There’s one big reason it’s important to keep your oral and dental health strong -- not doing so can have a significant effect on the rest of your body. The reverse is also true. Your oral health can affect or be affected by a number of other health conditions.
Some of the most common examples of this mouth-body connection include the following:
- Gum disease can cause or aggravate diabetes, and has been linked to heart disease, high blood pressure, stroke and even breast cancer and memory loss.
- An improperly-aligned bite can put undue stress on the TMJ, or temporomandibular joint, which can cause migraines, facial and ear pain, among other painful symptoms.
- Sleep apnea has been linked to a host of heart problems and even premature death.
- Tooth loss before the age of 35 has been linked to Alzheimer’s disease.
- Pregnancy can cause a temporary form of gum disease we call “pregnancy gingivitis.” The condition has been linked to premature labor and low birthweight.
Regular Preventive Care Improves General Wellbeing
To keep your dental and oral health as strong as can be, it’s important that you maintain excellent preventive habits at home and by visiting the family dentist in Circle Pines for a checkup and cleaning every six months. Brushing your teeth for two minutes, at least twice a day, flossing daily and staying on top of your appointments at Circle Pines Dental will help you enjoy a healthy smile now, and for years to come. And with all we know about the link between your teeth, gums and the rest of your body, that means your overall health stands to improve, too.
We’ll Help You Smile Beautifully, Too
In addition to taking care of the underlying foundation of your smile health with excellent general dentistry, cosmetic dentistry techniques also allow the team at Circle Pines Dental to make completely natural-looking enhancements in the color, size, shape, and overall look of your teeth. We can create a smile that suits your personality and adds fun and zest to your life, while ensuring that cosmetic changes aren’t compromised later by foundational problems.
Contact Us to Book Your Visit Today!
With a balance between function and esthetics, Circle Pines Dental can not only improve your dental health, but also the overall quality of your life. Why don’t you get in touch with us to book your appointment? If it’s been more than six months since your last checkup and cleaning, we want to remind you that a good life depends on regular preventive care. Contact us today!